Monday 16 September 2013

Audience Research

This is the audience research for my music video

Amazon


I searched for The Calling on Amazon and I found out that customers who bought The Calling's album also bought these items above such as Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, The Fray, Train and Nickelback. This shows that fans of The Calling are also fans of these bands which are in the same genre of music.

Download/CD Figures

From this screenshot above, I can tell that The Calling had a number 1 with Wherever you will go in Italy, New Zealand and the US Billboard hot adult top 40 tracks. They didn't do too well in Belgium and The Netherlands as their chart position was lower. From these chart figures, I can see that The Calling have a wider audience in Italy, New Zealand and the US. 

Questionnaire

These are questions that I will ask in a questionnaire:


  How old are you?

2     What gender are you?

3     What genre of music do you like to listen to?

  Who is your favourite artist/band from that genre?

5      Have you been to any of the artist’s/band’s gigs?

6      Do you regularly buy CDs/MP3s?

7     How many CDs/MP3s have you bought in the last month?

       Are you a fan of The Calling?

Google Images - Band's gigs (what the audience is for their gigs)

I didn't find any images of the band's gigs on google images but I did manage to find a video of a concert on youtube. I  got a few glimpses of the audience. There was a range of ages from both genders in the audience, but I think it was mainly between 18-40. Here are a few example screenshots:










Facebook Page
I looked on The Calling's Facebook page and I looked at the page's likers. I found out that the most popular age group that likes The Calling's Facebook is betweeen 25-34. This gives me an idea that the main audience is the 25-34 age group.

I will create my own facebook page for my project where I will be able to ask questions to the audience to see what bands and genres they like.

Last FM

These images below are screenshots taken from Last FM to help me with my audience research. 


This screenshot above shows some similar artists and bands to The Calling. This implies that people who are fans of The Callling could also be fans of some of these artists and bands above.



This screenshot above shows the amount of all time listeners and scrobbles that The Calling have had on Last FM. This shows how popular The Calling are with their audience.
 This is also another screenshot that shows the amount of listeners and scrobbles that The Calling have had on Last FM. 



This screenshot above shows who the people are that are listening to The Calling now at this moment.  The screenshot shows how old the people are, where in the world they are listening and what gender they are. From this, I can tell that there are more males listening at the moment who are at the ages of 21, 28 and 22. There is also 1 female listening and she is aged 25. Each of the people are from a mix of countries such as France, USA, The Netherlands, Russia and Lithuania which shows how wide The Calling's audience is From this I can tell that The Calling have a wide audience in their 20s.


This screenshot above shows who the recent top listeners are for The Calling. This again shows who the top listeners are, how old they are, what gender they are, and where in the world they are listening from. From this screenshot, I can tell that the recent top listeners are mainly males between the ages of 20 and 31. Almost all of the males are aged in their 20s, apart from one who is aged 31. There is only 1 female recent top listener. This screenshot also shows that The Calling has top listeners all over the world, with these people living in Brazil, Italy, Czech Republic, Germany, Hong Kong and Indonesia. 

These screenshots from Last FM show me that mainly males aged between 20 and 30 listen to The Calling, but they are from all over the world which shows that The Calling have a large presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment