Sunday 23 February 2014

Evaluation Question 3

I didn't find any images of the band's gigs on google images but I did manage to find a video of a concert on youtube. I  got a few glimpses of the audience. There was a range of ages from both genders in the audience, but I think it was mainly between 18-40. Here are a few example screenshots from that concert:




Music Video Feedback

On my music video, I had 24 you tube views. There was also 1 comment that a friend made on the video. It wasn't very long but it mentioned that my video was good. 

Over Facebook, a couple of friends told me that my video was very enjoyable. They said the editing  pace was right for the pace of the song, and that there were a good range of techniques that were used. One improvement that this friend mentioned was the steadiness of the camera. They said that some of the footage was a bit shaky and could have been steadier. Although, my footage was meant to be shaky so that it matches the edginess of the song. 

In class, I got three lots of feedback from peers. They all gave me similar feedback. This is some of the feedback I got back for my music video: 

  • Good range of camera techniques.
  • Editing pace matches the pace of the song.
  • Good transitions through the shots.
  • Some of the camera work is shaky. 
  • Could have included some lip synching.
  • Can clearly tell what the narrative is.
After I got this feedback, I decided that I didn't need to make many improvements to my music video as I had used many camera techniques, the editing pace was good which  matched the pace of the song, and the transitions were good throughout the different shots.

Digipak Feedback

I also had feedback from my peers on my digipak design. This is some of the feedback I got for my digipak: 

  • More of a balance between text and images.
  • Move the record label logo to the other part of the spine.
  • Make the record label logo bigger where the CD would go.
  • Change the text colour because it was quite hard to read.
Because of this feedback, I made a couple of improvements. I added more text  so there's more of a balance between text and image, I also moved the small record label, made the other record label bigger, and I also changed the text colour to a different style which would be easier to read.

Website Feedback

I also had feedback from my peers on my website. This is some of the feedback I got for my website:

  • Very good website which includes most of the main website conventions.
  • Would be good if the music video was somewhere on the website.
  • Not much reference to the music video.
Because of this feedback, I made a slight change to the website. I added to the music video to the menu page so that there was more reference to the video.








No comments:

Post a Comment